Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 344 - Lost and Found


Last night I couldn't find my keys. Considering our place was kind of messy, I figured I'd set them down somewhere and they'd been covered up by something. But then, after putting things away, making the bed, checking underneath the couch and chairs, looking in jacket pockets, and peeking under the car seats, I started to worry.

Today was supposed to be the day that begins my rest. After a couple crazy weeks, the two weeks ahead look pretty tame. Not too much going on. Free evenings to cook good meals, finish some shopping, wrap gifts, sit with Roy and stare at the tree, watch some Christmas movies, spend time in our Christmas devotions, and just relax. It wasn't supposed to be a stressful day! And my worry grew.

What if my keys are lost? What if they got thrown away at the party on Friday? How much will that cost to replace? Cars, church, apartment, work, mail... yikes... Please, Lord, help my find my keys. Let me check my purse again...

And for the fourth time, I checked my purse. And wouldn't you know, there they were. Tucked away in a little interior pocket, hidden from my prying eyes. How I missed them when I dumped everything else out, how I didn't feel them (considering there are like 10 keys on there!), is beyond me. But they are found!

And, like the verse above, I celebrated! God uses these moments to keep growing me and teaching me.  

Trust me, He says. I know exactly where they are. I know exactly what will happen. Let not your heart be troubled. Do not be anxious about anything. With prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, come to me. Tell me your heart's desires. Your worries and fears. I will give you peace beyond all comprehension.

Today He reminded me of all this. And He reminded me that I too was once lost, but now I'm found. Found in His arms for eternity.


1 comment:

  1. All of your post are inspirational but this is by far one of my favorite. You are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete