Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 109 - Unexpected Provision


When I checked the mail today, there was only one envelope. It was addressed to both Roy and me, was typed, and didn't have a return address. Slightly sketchy!

I opened it up to find a note (pictured above) saying "REST. You are LOVED." Included was a generous cash gift! You can bet I knew what my picture was going to be for today!

When I went to take the picture, I immediately was drawn to the words "IN GOD WE TRUST" on the bill. Roy and I have been diligently attempting to rely on the Lord and trust in His timing and provision. Yet I'm always surprised and ecstatic when He provides! You'd think I'd get used to it, but I suppose it's better to be excited :)

So to whomever sent us this amazingly kind and generous gift, thank you. Honestly, I would have felt loved even without the money just to know that someone took the time to send me a note and tell me that I'm loved. But I humbly and gratefully accept your gift as well. God has used you to provide for a real need in our lives, as money is quite tight and financial provision seems shaky. You've reminded me yet again that God holds everything in His hands, including our finances.

I can rest in Him, knowing I'm His beloved child. And for that, I'm truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment