Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 93 - Seminary Wives


This picture wasn't taken today, but I wanted to include one more from the retreat. I'm a person who desperately needs friends. Leaving college and all of the friendships that came so easily there was so difficult for me. It was much more difficult to quickly make friends once I was married, which makes sense as I spend a lot of time with Roy!

But about a year and a half ago, God provided my seminary wives group. His timing and sovereignty make me laugh sometimes! Roy came to DTS a year before we married, and he was in a spiritual formation group. The group's leader, David, got married during that first year, and Roy got to meet David's wife, Lindsay. He mentioned that I might like to get to know her once I got married. We hung out as a couple every now and then, and Lindsay and I would occasionally share conversations over our favorites teas. She became a leader for a seminary wives group and encouraged me to join. And I did! And they've all become some of my best friends down here!

It is wonderful to be with a group of women who totally understand the stage of life you're going through. The struggles, the finances, the papers and tests, the pressure of being the main provider, etc. It's a unique time, and we're there for one another.

So I'm grateful for the seminary wives who have become my friends. Even though I haven't known some of them very long, they have quickly found a special place in my heart, and I will never forget them.

And lest you think our time is all too serious, may the below picture of some more of my friends forever remove all doubt...

No comments:

Post a Comment