Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 97 - The Cross

But he was pierced for our transgressions,
   he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
   and by his wounds we are healed.
 
Isaiah 53.5
 

Today is Good Friday. It is the day that we reflect and remember what Christ did for us almost 2000 years ago. Creator God was tried by His sinful creation, beaten beyond recognition, and hung naked on a cross to bear the sin of the world. He took upon Himself every sin I have ever committed and will commit in the future, paying the penalty that was mine - death. He was mocked. Beaten. Scorned. Ridiculed.

For me.

And for you.

Today I am thankful for the cross. It almost seems silly to write in comparison to many of the other things I post here daily. The magnitude and weight of my gratitude for what Jesus did for me on the cross far outweighs any other post in the last 96 days. And while tonight I am grateful, my heart is heavy as I dwell on the sacrifice and the suffering that Jesus faced that day. Praise the Lord that Easter is on the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment