Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 119 - My SWING Group


Today we had a picnic with my SWING Group (Seminary Wives in Nurturing Groups). Our husbands came too, which is always fun! I've been in this group for a year and a half, and it has been one of the biggest blessings in my time here in Dallas. This picture is the gift they gave to me and the other girl leaving - a picture of our group with everyone's signature. It is a treasured gift!

There is something special about being with a group of people who completely understand what your life is like right now - seminary, papers and homework, Greek and Hebrew, internships, financial struggles, being the main provider for you and your husband. These are not the normal dealings of life! But these girls all are facing the same things as me. And it's such a great support.

Jess, Breanna, Becky, Kim, Kristine, Libby, Ressie, Lindsday, Amy, Mysti -  What a joy it has been to get to know you all. Thank you for your love, support, and prayers. I've LOVED spending this time in Dallas with you, and I will miss you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment