Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 1 - My Bible

I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,
And will glorify Your name forever.
Psalm 86.12


Last year, I kept a gratitude journal where I tried to write down ten things I was thankful for each day. I wanted to begin a 365 (or 366 in this case!) photography project this year to improve my photography skills. A friend suggested my focus for the project be things I am thankful for, and I thought that to be a perfect continuation of my gratitude journal. 


 


So each day I will be taking a picture of something for which I am thankful, both growing my photography skills and growing in my ability to give thanks to the Lord in all things! For the first day, I chose my Bible. My Bible signifies more to me than even just God's words. It stands for my personal and intimate relationship with Jesus. He uses His Word to speak Truth into my life, to grow me more into His likeness, and to encourage me when I'm struggling. No matter what I am facing in my life, God's perfect Word never fails me.



No comments:

Post a Comment