Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9 - Small Group


I love these people. A lot. They make up (most of) my small group from church, minus two other special ladies who weren't here tonight! Part of me feels like this picture is worth a thousand words (and therefore I can stop typing!). But I have a few things I have to say to this bunch, just in case they are reading.

I love you all so much. God has greatly blessed me with your friendship and love. It's made living in Dallas a bit easier and much more fun.

More specifically...

Kate - You're one of the first girls I met here in Dallas, and I'm so grateful that God has kept us together over the last 2.5 years! I love how you make me laugh and how you love Jesus. Also, if I had to be in the hospital, I'd want you to be my nurse :D
Aria - I love your passion for Jesus and for people. I love how you can laugh and be an absolute goofball, but also have such a serious heart for the Lord. And I love all of the special things we have in common...
Alen - I love what you bring to our group! From laughing over language differences and soda spewing, we have a lot of fun. It is exciting to see how God is growing you and teaching you, and I'm excited to see what He has in store for you in the future!
Michelle - Wish you were in this picture! I have missed you in our group so much, but I'm so grateful for the times you are here! I love the perspective you add to our discussions and how you love to have fun (including Bollywood movies!).
Steve - You and Tiffany made me feel comfortable in this group from the first day we met. I love the wisdom you impart in our discussions, and you know I enjoy all the laughter you bring to our group!
Tiffany - We missed you tonight, too! I've felt drawn to you from the first time we came to group. You're always smiling, even when life is tough and when you're exhausted. I'm challenged and encouraged by your heart for God and your family. I've learned about parenting by watching you with Shania. Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement!
Daniel - I feel like we've just started finally getting to know each other better! I'm grateful for the companionship you've been able to have with Roy in class/chapel, and I love how God created you with your artsy/creative side!
Jill - I love your passion for life, everything from ballet to teaching to Chick-fil-a to the Lord. I've loved spending more time together recently, and I'm excited to get to know you even more over the next several months!
Roy - I think yesterday's post about sums it up (see it here), but I do want to say that you are a great small group leader. You keep us on track so we actually get things done! You really have a passion for people and their growth, as well as a passion for your own growth in the Lord! Thank you for being an inspiring leader.

I'm so grateful to God for these brothers and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment