Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 19 - Hot Tea and Fun Mugs


A mug of hot tea when I have a cold makes me a bit less miserable... as it did tonight! I love the flavored teas, and tonight's choice was Sleepytime Vanilla. There is something about tea that soothes and calms, that makes everything in the world seem a bit brighter. 

At my job, we celebrate national food days. This month we celebrated National Hot Tea Day or month or something like that! We read a bunch of quotes and trivia about tea, and these are some of my faves. 

Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.  ~Author Unknown

Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!  ~Author Unknown

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. ~Eleanor Roosevelt 

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.  
~C.S. Lewis  

 The next best thing to the cup of tea is the mug. A mug can really make it for me! I love the pictured mug, given to me by a friend and mentor in my life. It makes its home on the bottom shelf in my glass/mug cabinet so that I see it every time I go to get a drink. It reminds me to rejoice and be glad for this day I've been given!

No comments:

Post a Comment