Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14 - Our Guitar


Playing guitar is one of those things I've always wanted to do. As a kid, I would occasionally pick up my dad's classical guitar and try to learn a few chords. Then my fingers would start to ache, and I'd put it away until a few years later when I'd try again. 
In college someone put a guitar up for sale on our school's "Classifieds" page, so I got it. I fiddled around here and there with it.

I left that guitar in Ohio, but Roy has one down here. I'm definitely not great at it, but I know enough chords to get along just fine on most songs. I love just sitting down and playing songs to God, sometimes singing along with Roy and sometimes alone. There's something that is so life-giving about worship through music, and the guitar helps me to have those times.

Today I'm thankful for our guitar and the times of fun and worship that it gives!

1 comment: