Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6 - Unconditional Love (in a bowl of pasta)


Tonight I got home from work hungry and tired...and that is never a good combination. After me whining and lying on the couch for awhile, I told Roy he needed to just make something for me to eat ("lest he ruin the night"... yeah I get a bit unreasonable when I'm hungry and tired). So he quickly proceeded into the kitchen to whip up some pasta. I think I inhaled the whole bowl of it in two minutes.

I greatly appreciate his willingness to serve me and love me even when I'm not being loving or worthy of his love. He shows me grace, patience, and kindness every day. He gives me a glimpse of how Christ loves me unconditionally even as the wretched sinner that I am.

So today I am thankful for a husband who does his best to love me unconditionally every day. And today, that was through a bowl of pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment