Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7 - Books!


I love books. So does Roy. I think that we, like many seminarians, might love books a bit too much at times. But that's ok. I had plenty to choose from for taking my picture, but I took this shot randomly. As I studied the photo more carefully on my computer, I noticed how many books in this small sample of the many more we own have been significant in our lives.

  • C.S. Lewis' writings, especially Mere Christianity, greatly challenged me in my walk with God. 
  • The Search for Significance was powerfully used by God in my life during college to completely change my way of thinking and self talk, radically transforming my life.
  • Knowing God by J.I. Packer has been one of Roy's top reads ever (still on my list of books I need to read!).
  • John Piper's Desiring God and Don't Waste Your Life both grew me in areas of worship and daily living.

And that's just a taste! It's encouraging to look back over our bookshelves and remember how God has used these printed words on a page to grow us, encourage us, and challenge us. I'm so thankful for the ability to read, the freedom to read whatever I want, and the accessibility to so many books!

No comments:

Post a Comment